How to Dress Retro & Unique by wikiHow : )
Do you want to know how to dress retro/vintage, and still make it your own unique style? Here are the steps to dressing funky and out there.
- Get all your clothes from thrift stores. You can even make clothes yourself, or shop at boutiques in other cities. Add flair to clothes you already own, too. Add patches to your shirts or jeans, add on buttons and sorts. If you create your own clothes, it will be guaranteed that no one will own what you have!
- Mix and match your clothes. but don't mix them up too much. Balance it off with some neutral colors.
- Layer all your funky colorful shirts, and wear a flowy skirt with leggings and flats!
- Accessorize. This is the one thing that really makes an outfit pop and look funky and so retro. Thrift stores offer vintage jewelery that you usually can't find anywhere else! Try colorful bangles, headbands, pearls, vintage looking necklaces and dangling earrings!
- Wear a lot of new and wild makeup. Try green eyeliner or neon yellow eyeshadow! Design new makeup looks everyday.
- Have some unique hair that's all your own. Get a short choppy cut with bangs or have long layered hair, which you can style in interesting hair do's. Waves are very pretty for long hair. cute clips work for short hair. If you can, dye your hair an interesting color, like purple bangs.
- Be confident of who you are and what you wear. People will definitely start to catch on to your style and want to start dressing like you!
- Having the same clothes as other people is a no! Don't follow the trends. Instead, create your own trends, and dress how you like!
Things You'll Need
- colorful shirts that are easy to layer
- skinny jeans
- flowy skirts
- headbands in all prints and colors
- colorful earrings
- pearl necklaces
- nail polish in all colors
- eyeshadow in all colors
- black eyeliner
- colorful bangles
- leggings in all colors
Article provided by wikiHow, a collaborative writing project to build the world's largest, highest quality how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Dress Retro and Unique. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
Pretty cool that wikiHow has this kind of article I thought :)