Rockabilly Hair for the Holidays
The dressy trend in updos is the Female Rockabilly Hairstyle. This hairstyle is inspired by the fashion style of the 1950’s called Rockabilly. Music artists in the 1950’s made this style popular and female actors and artist like Lucille Ball, Doris Day, Elizabeth Taylor and others trended the hairstyle.
There is a fabulous article on BellaSugar on how to acheive perfect Rockabilly Hair. And there description is right on queue: "Rockabilly hair can best be described as a modern take on the bun—but it has more height, added texture, and just a little bit of edginess, since the look doesn't require every single hair to be in place."
- Use a little bit of Phytovolume Actif Maximizing Volume Spray while blow-drying hair to give it shape and height.
- Next, Isolate a section of hair at the top and spritz it with a firm hold hairspray.
- Then, wrap hair around four hot rollers and let it set for fifteen minutes.
- Next, pull the rest of your hair into a ponytail and secure with a hair elastic (choose a color closest to your own hair color).
- Let the curls flop to one side and secure the ponytail to the top your head with bobby pins. Overlap the curls, pin them and then mist your entire head again with hairspray.